SCIENCE BLOG – HAIR AND CARE
90% of gents and ladies seem to have same story when it could be their problems about their hair, hair loss, dry hair, split end, greasy hair, frizzy hair, dandruff etc. No matter what the story, the ultimate goal is to getting healthy, great looking hair which we will come to know in hair and care.
STRUCTURE OF HAIR
The hair has two parts, hair shaft and hair follicle.
It is the outside part of hair which is out of the scalp. It is comprised of 3layers. The cuticle, cortex and medulla. The cuticle is the hair’s outermost layer which has single scale like scale like cells that overlap. The innermost structure is the medulla which is only present in large thick hair.
The adult human hair is around 20-80 µm in width and generally grows to a length of approximate 90 cm. These layers are bound together by cell membrane complex. Generally hair is the transformation of dead cells which turns into keratin we know in hair and care.
It is present inside dermis. This contains living cells. Endodermis provides food and nutrition. It contains vein, artery, nerves ,some special cells and sebaceous gland. You cannot add nutrition by supplying oil, tonic, serum etc. Let’s discuss some problems about hair in hair and care.
PROBLEMS OF HAIR IN HAIR AND CARE
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR HAIR
FALLING OF HAIR
It is very common problem. You must know that one healthy hair has life span of 5 years. In your whole life one hair follicle produces 20 times new hair.
- After 40 years the number of cells decrease.
- Due to anaemia, problems in thyroid gland, lack of balanced diet.
- Hair loss patient may have thyroid problems, lack of balanced diet, alopecia etc.
- If the patient has thyroid gland problem, they must consult the doctor. So, the Doctor can prescribe proper medicine.
TREATMENT IN HAIR AND CARE
- If hair loss problem is due to absence of iron (anemia)and balanced diet. We have to take iron reached food like raw banana, liver etc. after sometime you can overcome this problem and surely you will get healthy hair.
- Sometimes the hair follicle cannot get proper food. So, we must intake protein, vitamins, minerals. We must have this food which can make the hair healthy.
- Sometimes people may have alopecia where as he patient has small baldness in whole skull surface. . some says it is auto-immune disorder disease of the endocrine gland. Dr. gives steroid injection to recover it in hair and care. Baldness is a hereditary disease which happens mainly to males; sometimes to female also.
- Now a days another reason for hair loss is stress. It can be lowered by pranayam and yoga. If this problem is not cured then we must go to the Doctor.
GREYING OF HAIR
When melanocytes of hair is not working then production of melanocytes is stopped, and the hair get grayish. In old age, it is very normal but in young age some time hair become grayish. In the old age it is very normal but in young age if happens then it may be due to heredity, side effects of some medicine, anaemia, thyroid problem.
There is no such clinical treatment for graying hair except dying. Till how we don’t know why the melanocytes stop working.
DANDRUFF ( hair care tips)
Most of us are having loose skin on the scalp which is very common. It is not contagious or serious. For all of us , we feel very embarrassed due to visibility of dandruff on dark colored cloth, and it is also very difficult to get rid off. We can wash temporarily mild dandruff by gentle daily use shampoo. Anti dandruff shampoo should not be used once in a week. If the type of dandruff is sticky then patient should not do oil massage in hair and care.
SPLIT END ( hair treatment )
It happens when the ends of your hair become dry, brittle and damaged. They may resemble the end of twisted rope. Hair beautification techniques like blow drying, straightening and curling and hair exposed to high heat, very cold like extreme weather may cause split ends of hair. They are also caused by chemical hair products.
HAIR AND CARE IN HERBAL or AYURVEDIC TREATMENT
HAIR AND CARE ROUTINE FOR HAIR GROWTH
- You can massage your hair by coconut oil before bath., give adequate sunlight to your scalp for 5 -10 minutes. If possible take bath with mild hot water throughout the year. You must use shampoo twice a week, obviously, after oiling your scalp. This treatment helps in hair growth and keep the scalp healthy to resist dandruff.
- If you cannot use coconut oil, then you can use pure mustard oil (though now-a-days it is difficult to get PURE mustard oil in the market). If you can mix 90 gm mustard oil with 10 gm neem oil you will get better result. Hair care with this oil can resist greyng of hair, dandruff and allergy. It also reduces hair fall.
- If you have severe dandruff then you can add one lemon juice to one cup water of room temperature. Before bathing, apply this mixture on scalp by rubbing and get some sun light. 10-15 minutes mild sunlight adds extra brightness and glaze to your hair.
SOME COMMON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION IN HAIR AND CARE
QS HAIR AND CARE ABOUT BEAUTIFICATION
Qs1: Is it safe to use hair dryer to dry hair everyday?
Ans1: We must use the hair dryer with care. We must see about the quality and how it is used. Before using dryer we must clean our hair with shampoo and then apply moisture conditioner. Then we can use dryer in whole volume of head maintaining same process and same distance.
Qs2: What may be the harmful effects for using hair dryer?
Ans2: If you use high quality dryer then possibility of harmfulness is less. But long term use of hair dryer may cause breaking of hair length wise and destroy the texture of hair. ( hair care tips)
QS ABOUT DYING
Qs7: In case of graying hair, many people do hair dying. How much is it safe for them?
Ans7: Hair dye may be temporary or permanent. Permanent hair dye lasts for six months. Anyway, hair dye must be always of good quality. There are two types of hair dye available in the market ; chemical and organic. Some may have allergic problem in chemical dye like irritation of eye, skin swelling, rashes on lips etc. Some may have skin rashes, fever etc. Hair also very dry.. but organic dye is always very safe.
Before dying one must do shampoo and conditioning the hair always.