ANIMAL TISSUE: EASY DRAWING, EXAMPLE & EXPLANATION OF ITS
On the basis of the function and occurrence ,tissues present in animal body is called animal tissue. These animal tissue is classified into the following four types:
- Epithelial tissue
- Connective tissue
- Muscular tissue
- Nervous tissue
EPITHELIAL TISSUE ANIMAL TISSUE:
- The covering or protective tissues in animal body is epithelial tissue
- It is the simplest protective tissue.
- It forms a barrier to keep different body systems separated from each other.
It protects the underlying cells from drying, injury, infections and also from harmful effects of chemicals.
- It plays an important role in coordination of body and environment by interchanging various substances in all body parts.
- It helps in absorption if water and nutrients and in diffusion of gases.
- It helps in elimination of waste products from the body.
TYPES OF EPITHELIAL TISSUE
|NAME OF EPITHELIAL TISSUE||CHARACTERISTICS||LOCATION||FUNCTION||DIAGRAM|
|Simple squamous epithelium||· Single layered
· Closely fitted
· Very thin
|§ Delicate lining of blood vessels
§ Lung alveoli
|Covering and protection|
|Stratified squamous epithelium||Arranged in many layers||Outer side of the skin||Prevents from wearing and tearing.|
|Cuboidal epithelium||Cube shaped cells with round nuclei||§ Lining of kidney tubule.
§ Ducts of salivary glands
|Absorption, excretion and secretion.|
|Columnar epithelium||Pillar like cells with elongated nuclei||Inner lining of intestine||Absorption and secretion|
|Ciliated columnar epithelium||Columnar cells with cilia.||§ Respiratory tract
|Movement of cilia pushes substance like egg, sperm, mucus forward.|
|Glandular epithelium||Folding of epithelial tissue. forms multi cellular gland.||Gland of various organs.||Those gland cells secrete substances.|
CONNECTIVE TISSUE IN ANIMAL TISSUE
|NAME OF THE CONNECTIVE TISSUE||CHARACTERISTICS & FUNCTION||DIAGRAM|
|Blood||RBCs transport oxygen and carbon di oxide; WBCs fight with diseases by producing antibodies; BLOOD PLATELETs help in clotting of blood.|
|Bones||Very strong, non-flexible, porous, hard, rigid, rich in calcium and phosphorus. It forms the framework that supports the body.|
|Cartilages||Specialized tissue having widely spaced cells. Matrix is composed of protein and sugars. It provides smoothness to the bone surfaces at the joint.|
|Areolar tissue||The tissue is found between the organs. It supports the organs by filling. It also provides support to the internal organ. It repairs the tissues.|
|Adipose tissue||It serves as a fat reservoir, keep visceral organs in position.|
|Ligament||The fibre connect bone to another bone.|
|Tendon||These connect muscles to bone.|
COMPARATIVE STUDY OF DIFFERENT MUSCULAR TISSUES
|KEY POINTS||STRIATED / VOLUNTARY/ SKELETAL MUSCLE||UNSRIATED/ SMOOTHE/ INVOLUNTARY MUSCLE||CARDIAC MUSCLE|
|Characteristics||Long, cylindrical, un branched, multi -nucleate tissue with dark and light band.||Spindle- shaped, long uni-nucleate, smooth and without any band.||Cylindrical, uni nucleate, branched and having stripes of light and dark band.|
|Location||Present in our limbs||Found in our visceral organs||Present in our heart.|
|Function||We can move the organs by conscious will||These organs move without our consent to perform our various metabolic works.||The muscles perform rhythmic contraction and relaxation throughout the life.|
NERVOUS TISSUE IN ANIMAL TISSUE:
|· It receives stimulus and transmits it from one part of tissue to other. |
· These are highly spcialized for receiving stimulus and rapid transmission from one region to another.
· Nervous tissues in animal tissue are present in brain, Spinal cord and all type of nerves.
· Cell body consists of cytoplasm, nucleus and cell membrane
· Axon is a single long conducting fibre extending from neuron.
· Dendrites are short branched fibres of neuron which receive nerve impulse.
QUESTIONS RELATED TO ANIMAL TISSUE:
Qns1 Name the type of epithelium present in respiratory tract. What is its specialization?
Ans1 Ciliated columnar epithelium in animal tissue is present in the respiratory tract of human. It has specialized hair-like projection called cilia which help in the movement of substances and mucus forward.
Qs2 Give three differences between epithelial tissue and connective tissue.
Ans2 Differences between epithelial and connective tissues are
|KEY POINTS||EPITHELIAL TISSUE||CONNECTIVE TISSUU|
|Arrangement||Cells are tightly packed||These cells are loosely packed|
|Inter cellular substances||All cells contain very little or no intercellular matrix||Space between cells is filled with non-living matrix (solid or fluid)|
|Function||It is the covering tissue and protects body from infections, injury etc.||The cell is the connecting tissue as it connects various body organs.|
Qs3 Which tissue makes the bones smooth at joint surface.
Ans3 Cartilage is the tissue that smoothens bones surface at joints.
Qs4 Where do you find the cartilage in animal tissue?
Ans4 Cartilage is present in nose, trachea, ear and larynx.
Qs5 What happens when blood platelets are removed from blood?
Ans5 If the blood platelets are removed from the body then blood clotting will not occur at the site of injury. Bleeding will continue and a significant loss of blood may lead to death.
Qs6 Write the function of areolar tissue in animal tissue.
Ans6 Areolar tissue fill the space inside the organs and supports internal organs of the body. They also help in repair of tissues.
Qs7 Name the tissue by identified by their functions.
- Connects bone to bone
- Forms inner lining of alveoli
- Having chondrocytes as cells
- Transporting stimulus
Ans7 The tissues are
- Simple squamous epithelium
Qs8 Name the tissue in animal tissue responsible for our movement.
Ans8 Muscular tissue is responsible for our locomotion and movement.
Qs9 Name the tissue associated to these functions?
- Flat tissue which is present in the inner buccal cavity
- T hose tissue that forms connects muscle to bone in humans
- Tissue that transports food in plants
- Connective tissue with fluid matrix
- Tissue that present in the brain
Ans9 The proper tissues are
- Squamous epithelium
- Adipose tissue
- Nervous tissue
Qs10 Mention the features of cardiac tissue.
Ans10 features of cardiac muscular tissue in animal tissue are
- These are involuntary muscle
- Cells of these muscles are cylindrical, branched and uni -nucleate.
- These muscles show rhythmic contraction and relaxation throughout the life.